Sunday, November 7, 2010

Armavia - the national Armenian airline (small stories from life)

About 2 months ago I had a task to find solution for. I needed round-trip tickets from Yerevan to Zurich and then back. Basicly, there are 3 airlines serving the mentioned routs, and each of them provides different deadlines for booking (more often INconvenient for visa application timings) at different rates.
I was happy to find a good deal offered by Armavia, and as soon as the visas were stamped in the passports, I went to their head office to get the tickets.





The day of the flight was coming closer and closer, and everything seemed to be fine... till the moment, when I got a call from Armavia.


They have taken off the back flight from Zurich to Yerevan, and suggested another route for the same flight (from Paris), refusing to pay the additional costs I had to cover to get from Zurich to Paris.
When I asked about the compensation, they redirected me to their commercial department. I was trying to get them on phone during 3 days. No one answered me on phone..


Then I went to their head office again, and asked if they had a book of complaints (I thought, apparently their bosses read that book, and I was not sure if the young lady selling tickets would ever pass my words to their bosses). Well, the young lady said they don't have any book of complaints! In their head office!

Shame! Shame! Shame!
(fyi: Baghdasarov is the owner of Armavia)

Now, will I ever fly with Armavia?

2 comments:

Karen said...

YES!!!

Irina D. said...

I avoid Armavia like plague when I fly. That time I got stock in Paris because Armavia's plane had a semi-broken door Armavia refused to pay for people staying overnight in Paris ot for their one-day visas. Eventually AirFrance paid that. And then on the plane the stewardess was very rude and instead of apologizing to passengers for everything was yelling that Armavia was innocent and it was politics' fault.